2007 was a year of accomplishment, friendship, anguish and understanding. When I assumed that I equipped myself with all the knowledge necessary to get by, I didn't. When I thought I conquered that obstacle, I found myself in the exact battle not too long after. When I thought I grew up and learned from my mistakes, I made the same ones, again. Why do I keep backtracking to situations that postpone my adolescence? My regret-- Allowing myself to be a stepping stone, a dupe. And no, I will not victimize myself anymore. I was fully aware of the character I had molded into, and hesistated to liberate myself, even if it was as easy as ignoring a phone call.
I remember writing a blog back in December titled, "Revelation". I emphasized how I've grown in that past year, how I won't place myself in harms way, and I won't set myself up for emotional downfall. But, early on in 2008 I found myself in a similar situation. I remember laying in bed a few nights ago wondering, "How did I get here?"
Overcoming that only opened my eyes to the truth. I haven't grown up, and won't for a long period of time. I absorb wisdom from the moment I awaken, to when I sleep at the end of the day. I can't keep rummaging through life searching for the truth, for my closure. I'm 18 years old, for God's sake. I need to accept the fact that I am young, and I have a lot more to learn than anyone could ever teach me.
On another note, me and Caressa found an apartment. It's perfect.<3
Life is only great if you make it great.
I can't settle for good.
If you ask me,
Good is soo last year.
xoxo
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Hazelnut coffee on a thursday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment